Registration with United States Masters Swimming (which includes Oklahoma Masters Swimming) is based upon a calendar year (not from the time you register). Annual registration fees are $46. Annual USMS membership expires December 31 every year. Membership fee varies, depending on when you sign up.
If you join:
• before September 1, Annual Fee is $46
• from September 1 - December 31 (of the current year - 4 months), Annual Fee is $41
• from November 1 - December 31 (of the NEXT year - 14 months), Annual Fee is $46
As a USMS member, you will able to:
• choose an affiliation with one of Oklahoma Masters Swim Clubs (EAMS, LYT, OKMS, OSMS or TULS) or be Unattached (UNAT) with USMS
• participate with other masters workout groups around the United States that require USMS membership
• participate in all USMS sanctioned events and swim meets. If you do not want to sign up as an annual USMS member and still want to swim at a meet, one-event registrations are allowed and forms may be downloaded here.
* Note: One event membership is only good for one meet during the calendar year, your results will not be "official" (times will not count for records). Your swim results may sometimes be taken out of the final results all together. The one-event fee also cannot be applied to the overall cost of the USMS membership.
A permanent USMS registration number has been assigned for all who have registered since 2002. If you last registered under a previous name, please provide the previous registered name regardless of year. In some cases, even if you have not renewed your membership after 2002, USMS may have already assigned you a permanent number, especially if you have held a top ten record in the past.
USMS Registration does not include coach fees, facility usage fees and visitation fees that may be required when swimming at a club or workout group. Please contact the person in charge of your preferred workout group for more information.
Being a part of USMS allows me to officially compete in swim meets ~ Elissa